The Flush and Detoxification
Taking high doses of Niacin (starting at 500 mg) has been used for decades as a detox protocol, most especially used to detox from pharmaceuticals, including opiates. When you start on a flush Niacin protocol, you will notice a “flush” – your face may become flushed red and hot as well as other parts of your body. This is NOT an allergic reaction, but your body’s own way of purging the stagnant energy out of your body. It is part of the healing and detoxification process. Once you understand that, the flush is a welcome feeling. You may want to have aspirin handy in case the flush is too strong and it scares you, but keep in mind an aspirin will stop the flush and the healing. If you can wait out the uncomfortable feeling, it will be worth it.
Because the flush is literally flushing the stagnant energy OUT of your body, you will notice some effects, especially in the beginning of a flush protocol. These effects are temporary and your body flushes and only last from a few minutes to an hour or so.
These effects are NOT an allergic reaction! Some of the effects you may notice from doing a Niacin Flush are the following:
- Red, flushed face
- Feeling HOT
- Red, blotchy skin on face, neck, ears, chest or really any part of your body (the flush goes where it needs to).
- Itchy skin (it is fine to to scratch where it itches)
- Tingling in head and other parts of your body
- Increased heart rate
- Possible anxiety
- Chills after the heat wears off (this is your body pursing inflammation)
You may also notice some amazing effects once you have been doing a flush protocol for over a week or so.
These long-lasting effects may include the following:
- Restful sleep
- Energy UP
- Pain relief
- Migraine relief
- Tinnitus improved or gone
- Inflammation reduced
- Body odor diminished
- Skin improves (gets softer, smoother)
- Weight loss
Safety, Precautions & Contraindications
- Niacin is safe for anyone to use, including children, pets and pregnant women. We include sample protocols for adults, children and pets.
- If you are under a doctor’s care, taking pharmaceuticals on a regular basis or you are suffering from a chronic or serious condition, please consult your medical provider before starting this protocol.
- If you feel like you have taken too high of a dose of Niacin, do not worry – you will be fine. You can either wait out the flush or take an aspirin and it will stop the flush. Then you may consider lowering your dose for the next flush. Keep in mind that taking an Aspirin will also nullify the benefits of the flush.
May the Flush Be With You!
***Disclaimer: This website was created for informational purposes only and has no ties to any supplement or drug company or any doctor. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. We are merely biohackers, trying to heal ourselves and passing our knowledge, research and experience onto others.***